This past week, It’s a Keeper celebrated its first birthday! This was a huge milestone for me. First, it meant that I managed to stick with this project for an entire year (I’m amazed at my commitment)! Second, it meant that it was time to shake things up a little.
As I was going back and re-reading some of my very first posts, I can easily see how much I’ve grown. My first posts, such as Crusty Mustard Chicken and The Chili Test seem very timid. I was still pretty wet behind the ears with this whole blogging thing. Actually, I didn’t know much about blogging at all!
As the months passed, I can see how I got more and more comfortable and my posts started to have a personality, like in the Perfect Blueberry Pie and Grilled Garlicky Potato Salad. Ok. Now, I’m hungry. Ugh!
As I learned more and more about blogging, I realized that my site needed some new features. Converting It’s a Keeper to this new site gives me the flexibility to give ya’ll what you’ve been asking for! So, here’s what’s in store for you at the new and improved It’s a Keeper:
- Print Recipe Feature: So many of you have asked for printable recipes on It’s a Keeper. You asked, I listened. All of my new posts will have the recipes in an easy to use print box. I haven’t gotten all of the old posts converted yet, but they’ll all be printable soon! Check it out!
- Recipe Swaps: I get so many of my recipes from blogs, websites, emails, etc. And, so many of you have shared your recipes and ideas with me through Facebook and Twitter. Now, I want to share the wealth and encourage you to share your favorite recipes. Starting soon, I’ll be hosting a weekly Recipe Swap. It’s a great way to see what others are cooking up and share what’s happening in your kitchen. Stay tuned for more details!
- Shoes-day Tuesday: One of my favorite things, other than cooking, is shoes. I love shoes. Lots and lots of shoes! Every Tuesday, I’m going to share my 2 favorite things with you…shoes and food. Like peanut butter and jelly, oreos and milk or grilled cheese and tomato soup, I can’t imagine a better combination! You’ll see.
Like, I said, it’s time for change! But, wait….there’s more! This new site gives you more ways to stay connected with It’s a Keeper!
- Email: I love to feed people! I mean, can’t you tell from my posts?! S0, sign up for email notifications of my new posts and I’ll feed you (via email) my newest recipes
- Facebook: Easily connect with me on Facebook! Just click “Like” in the box on the right. It’s so easy and it’s right over there —-> Go ahead. I’ll wait for you to click “like” before I continue….
- Twitter: If Twitter is your thing, make sure you follow me there too!
- Google Friend Connect: Another easy way to stay connected with me.
By staying connected, you won’t miss a single post! Plus, you can interact and connect with other cooks, foodies and food lovers! I’ve learned so much from all of my readers and followers during this year long journey — now, I want to share the wealth!
I’ve had so much fun over the past year and I can’t wait to see what 2011 will bring! So, poke around my new digs and let me know what you think!
Hi! I'm Christina, the chief cook and bottle washer at It's a Keeper. I love to cook and am a self proclaimed recipe hoarder who reads cook books cover to cover like most people read a juicy novel. Join me as I cook and bake my way through the pile of recipes that I've collected. Read more.
Don't miss a single recipe!
Get free email updates.
Find It’s a Keeper on:
Search for recipes by category: